This enduring material is designed to cover clinical aspects of breast imaging including digital mammography, breast ultrasound, breast MRI, and interventional procedures, as well as medicolegal issues. The faculty consists of twelve nationally and internationally recognized experts. The program of lectures and panel discussions will be filled with “take home” information that should benefit every breast imaging practice.
Upon the completion of this enduring material, the participant should be better able to:
- Discuss the new ACR BI-RADS 5th Edition terminology for breast abnormalities findings on mammography, ultrasound and MRI.
- Develop a multimodality approach to screening, staging and clinical problem solving. •Develop a systematic approach to the assessment of findings on mammography, ultrasound, and MRI.
- Appreciate the latest technologic developments in digital Tomosynthesis, automated breast ultrasound and breast MRI.
- Understand the techniques and skills for performance of stereotactic, ultrasound- guided, and MRI-guided breast biopsy.
- Discuss recent screening mammography controversies. •Reduce their risk of false negative interpretation and malpractice litigation.
This course is intended for all radiologists with a special interest in breast imaging. The faculty is comprised of nationally recognized expert teachers of breast imaging with a broad breadth of experience and knowledge in this field.
It is the policy of the International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc. to comply with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for commercial support of CME activities. All faculty participants in IICME programs are required to disclose to the program audience any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest related to this meeting or its content. Faculty disclosure forms are included in the course syllabus and are available at the registration desk for participating review. In addition, faculty disclosures will be made at the beginning of each lecture.
The International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc., designates this enduring material for a maximum of 19.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.