This course provides a balanced overview of more traditional breast imaging, blended with the newest state-of-the-art breast imaging techniques and modalities. Special attention will be given to Breast Ultrasound, Breast MRI and Full Field Digital Mammography, as well as newly evolving technologies such as MRI Spectroscopy, Molecular Breast Imaging, Tomosynthesis, and Whole Breast Ultrasound
At the conclusion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Review the basic principles of screening mammography for detecting early breast cancer
- Outline the current applications of breast ultrasound in diagnostic, screening, and interventional settings for earlier detection and accurate diagnosis of breast cancer
- Describe the major aspects of breast MR, including imaging techniques, biopsy techniques, and current indications, as an evolving new weapon in the war on breast cancer
- Discuss the current medical concerns regarding the missed breast cancer, in an effort to improve early detection of breast cancer
- Delineate current and future applications of Full Field Digital Mammography and CAD as additional new tools for early detection of breast cancer
- Appreciate the role of MR Spectroscopy, Molecular Breast Imaging, Digital Breast Tomosynthesis, and Whole Breast Ultrasound in improving early detection of breast cancer in the future
This course is intended for all radiologists with a special interest in Breast Imaging. The faculty is comprised of nationally recognized expert teachers of Breast Imaging with a broad breadth of experience and knowledge in this field.
It is the policy of the International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc. to comply with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for commercial support of CME activities. All faculty participants in IICME programs are required to disclose to the program audience any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest related to this meeting or its content. Faculty disclosure forms are included in the course syllabus and are available at the registration desk for participating review. In addition, faculty disclosures will be made at the beginning of each lecture.
The International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc. designates this enduring material has expired.
Release Date: February 28, 2009
Expiration Date: February 28, 2012