This enduring material provides a balanced overview of more traditional breast imaging, blended with the newest state- of-the-art breast imaging techniques and modalities. Special attention will be given to Breast MRI, Digital Mammography, and Breast Ultrasound, as well as the newly evolving technologies of Tomosynthesis and Whole Breast Ultrasound. Patient communication and medicolegal issues will also be addressed.
Upon the completion of this enduring material, the viewer should be better able to:
- Review the basic principles of screening mammography for detecting early breast cancer.
- Outline the current applications of breast ultrasound in diagnostic, screening, and interventional settings for earlier detection and accurate diagnosis of breast cancer.
- Describe the major aspects of breast MR, including imaging techniques, image interpretation, biopsy techniques, and current indications, as an evolving new weapon in the war on breast cancer.
- Discuss the current medical and legal concerns regarding the missed breast cancer, in an effort to improve early detection of breast cancer.
- Delineate current and future applications of Digital Mammography and PACS in streamlining breast imaging practice.
- Appreciate the role of Molecular Breast Imaging, Digital Breast Tomosynthesis, and Whole Breast Ultrasound in improving early detection of breast cancer in the future.
This enduring material intended for all radiologists with a special interest in breast imaging. The faculty is comprised of nationally recognized expert teachers of breast imaging with a broad breadth of experience and knowledge in this field.
It is the policy of the International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc. to comply with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for commercial support of CME activities. All faculty participants in IICME programs are required to disclose to the program audience any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest related to this meeting or its content. Faculty disclosure forms are included in the course syllabus and are available at the registration desk for participating review. In addition, faculty disclosures will be made at the beginning of each lecture.
The International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc., designates this enduring material for a maximum of 16.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.